London is among the world’s most visited cities, and for good reason. It’s home to some of Europe’s most intriguing architecture, its best museums, and world standard nightlife. But if you’re coming to London with your children, fear not. This metropolis has got its fair share of child-friendly activities, as well, with your kids likely to leave London with a lasting impression in their minds. There is a multitude of museums that your kids will love – not only will they have a great time, but they’ll learn something, too! If museums aren’t your kids’ thing, then there’s still plenty to do, ranging from bicycle rides to LegoLand. Here’s a list of some of the things your kids are most likely to enjoy:
- The Making of Harry Potter – Warner Bros Studio: If your kids are Harry Potter fans, then this is the ultimate place to go! This place is 20 miles north of London, so technically it’s not “in London”, but it’s pretty close by. Here, you can visit the studios where most Harry Potter movies were filmed, and visit many of the iconic locations. Heck, you can even “practice wand magic” here.
- The Tower of London: Despite being one of London’s most famed tourist attractions, this medieval castle is great for children. It’s rich with a dark history, and the interactive exhibits will spook your kids out (in a good way)! They’re sure to learn a thing or two here. Don’t forget to visit the world-famous Crown Jewels.
- Legoland Windsor: This place is a utopia for your lego-loving kids! Here, you can see London’s most famous landmarks and buildings recreated using lego bricks. The sheer size of the lego creations here can also serve to inspire your kids, making them believe that anything is possible. On top of that, there are a good amount of roller-coaster rides to get the adrenaline pumping!
- The London Eye: One of the world’s most famous Ferris wheels, “The London Eye” surely lives up to its name. It’s a place that’ll leave your children awe-inspired by the views from the top, and it’s enjoyable for all ages. It is one of the perfect places to visit on a family trip to London.
- The London Dungeon: This museum takes you on an interactive, and slightly spooky, a tour of London’s 1000 year past. Traditionally costumed actors lead you through the “dungeons”, with each of these actors playing a specific, and seemingly authentic role (such as Henry VIII). There is also a small roller-coaster ride. This place is fantastic at giving older children an adrenaline rush but is perhaps too spooky for the young ones.
If you’re coming to London with your kids, renting an “Apart Hotel” in London (serviced apartment) will allow you to get the service of a hotel from the comfort of a home, no matter the length of your stay. This can be particularly comfortable when you’re with children, having kitchen facilities at hand, as well as having multiple rooms.